Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Red Pile


Well, I've made some progress on the Alexis' hat. Or at least I had. Got the whole thing knitted up and then I ripped it all back.

You see, I believe this is how it goes when you are trying something new and designing your own pattern at the same time. The Alexis' hat is a slouchy one, something I've never knit before. Normally I prefer a toque, one that is glued to your head nice and tight. So this hat is taking extra work to design. I've made some edits to my notes for the pattern and am ready to try it again. Hopefully I'll be casting it on again tonight.

Do you ever do that? Complete something than rip it back and start it again?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I've completed hats, socks, and sweaters only to rip them out and start over again. I have to be happy with the completed item, and if I'm not, it's off to the frog pond.

    BTW, I think the finished hat looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment. :) Glad I'm not the only one who frogs completed items.

      Delete