Friday, June 29, 2012

A Summer of Knitting

I don't know about you, but just because the weather is hot, it doesn't mean it's time to put down the needles. There are so many great little projects to do like critters and dishcloths that can go with you to the beach or poolside. If you're blessed with air conditioning in your home, the variety of projects never ends.

And, I'm still knitting. Been so busy knitting and sidetracked by my kids and husband that my writing has taking a place on the back burner. I have been thinking about writing but every time I go to write, I get distracted by something else.

But I'm putting it back on the agenda. Hopefully I can get into a better routine that's more balanced and allows me to do all the things I want to do, not just the things I have to do.

Got a few things on the list of knitting projects and will probably add a few more. ;) I'm playing in Nerd Wars again on Team Writer and have enjoyed the first Round of this tournament. Also working on a dissertation project this time. Need to find more time to work on that. I joined a Sweater KAL and started knitting my second Wendy Bernard pattern. My daughter asked me why I was knitting a sweater when it is so hot in the Summer. I explained that Summer was the perfect time to knit things like socks and sweaters since you can have them completed by the time you need them in the Fall. She said she was afraid her feet were going to get cold and wondered if I could knit her some socks. Time for another trip to the yarn shop. ;) Also working on a few other things to send to friends. Better hurry those up so I can get them in the mail.

Off to do something with the monkeys now that it is officially Summer Break. Hope you enjoy your day. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment