Thursday, August 26, 2010

First day on the trial run....I'm exhausted!

I NEED SLEEP!!! LOL Yesterday I bought my DD an alarm clock. I was sure we were going to have issues when she starts school and I wanted to start getting into the "school routine." What am I nuts?!? I printed her Bedtime and Morning Routines and we set off on this new adventure. I got the alarm all set up and tested it last night. She decided she wanted to wake up to Rock 'N' Roll, not the buzzer.

So this morning.... She was in my room telling me it was 7AM before her alarm even went off! She heard mine go off and came running. LOL I had to collect my thoughts and try to make sense of it all. I haven't been getting up quite that early lately as DS has been sleeping in. With DS still in bed, DD and I started on her Morning Routine.

So the Routines are working out well so far, I think. Looks like I have the right time. We're going to keep practicing till school starts. Hopefully we'll all get used to this.

Surprise for Mommy - Apparently DD doesn't want her regular lunch of cheese, crackers, veggies and dip to take to school. You see, this morning I even packed her lunch (I wanted to see if I had enough time to get it all made too). I asked her what she would like if she was going to school and she told me a chicken sandwich. WHAT?!?!? That isn't veggies and dip. Looks like I'm going to have to plan a "school lunch menu."

FLYing - Not much today. I got sidelined with a project I forgot all about. Hopefully I can wrap up some more of it tonight. Won't be doing much over the next couple of days as my birthday celebrating starts at lunch tomorrow. :D

Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment