Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy birthday to me. :)

So, Saturday was my birthday. Can't believe it's come around again. Seems like I just had one. LOL But no, it's been a whole year. Celebrating started on Friday with lunch out with my two kids and my good friend. The kids were fantastic while we were out and charmed everyone near our table. My DH and I went out with another couple that night while my sister babysat the kids. It was so nice to get out without my little darlings for a change. Saturday was quiet and pretty relaxing. DH picked up my favourite chocolate cake, Bacio, at an Italian bakery. Sunday we had lunch with more family. Not a bad weekend but now it's back to reality.....


FlySchooling - We started practicing again last night and this morning. DD did not too bad although she was slow on breakfast. She would have been late if she actually had to go today. I'm going to have to try to come up with some more interesting breakfasts I guess to get her going. I just don't know if I can handle it. I am NOT a morning person and it's already a struggle for me to get up. Hopefully I can think of stuff I can get ready the night before. Normally she has cereal but likes to have other stuff too.

FLYing - Not bad.... I think I'm starting to get more into the swing of things. I got out my checklists I had done up before. I was trying to get organized and start on them but didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked. DH ended up coming home early as his office was way too hot. I did get my floor tiles washed and did a bunch of laundry including the mats for the back door.

Funny story for today - Okay, it wasn't funny at the time, but my DD woke up my DS from his nap when she came to talk to me while I was in the shower. I had just got in and got totally wet when DD bounded up the stairs. She talked too loud and woke up her little brother. I quick finished up but didn't get a chance to shave my legs. Now they need to be shaved as it's shorts weather around here, for sure! So now, 10:30 at night I finally got the opportunity. There I was sitting on the side of the tub and trying to get my legs shaved quickly in case DS wakes up again. Lucky for me, he didn't. Can you imagine only getting one done?!? LOL

Happy FLYing!

No comments:

Post a Comment