Thursday, November 15, 2012

When I knit, I knit for...

When I knit, I knit for...


 
...my kids. My kids seem to love getting stuff I knit. Every Fall, they get a new hat to match their new snowsuit (because, of course, last year's doesn't fit). I've been making them toys too. Those are always a big hit! The odd time my daughter will ask for something else, or if I make something for myself, she would like one too.

 
...others. Over my many years of knitting, I've made items for dear people in my life. Lots of friends have received afghans, shawls, socks, hats, decorations, etc. Some have requested the knitted items. Others have enjoyed a yarn-y surprise.


...myself. Yes, I do knit for myself. I spend a lot of time crafting knitted items and deserve to have some to keep for myself. Most times it's something I need, like a hat to match my coat. Now and then, it's something just because I can knit or like the pattern, like a new shawl.


...design. I have realized that as much as I love to knit, I also love to design. I've been making up simple things so far but hope to expand my repertoire. It all started with my children's need for a winter hat and has blossomed so far into textured cowls.

Who do you knit for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment